Valley Youth Lacrosse
Code of Conduct
Lacrosse should be fun for players, coaches and parents.
Valley Youth Lacrosse believes that boys and girls should be allowed to develop a love for the game of lacrosse while also leaning the value of sportsmanship.
The purpose of the code is to ensure that all of those people associated with youth lacrosse treat each other with dignity and respect.
The Code of Conduct is a condition of membership for all players, parents, coaches and officials. All members who join Valley Youth Lacrosse agree to abide by the Code of Conduct and to be subject to the consequences of violating the code.
All enforcement decisions made by the officials of Valley Youth Lacrosse are final and not subject to review. No refunds will be granted to those players dismissed from the organization for violating the Code of Conduct.
US Lacrosse Youth Council Code of Conduct Statement
I, as a player, coach, parent, spectator or official, pledge to conduct myself in a manner that complies with the US Lacrosse Youth Council "Code of Conduct" at all times. Accordingly, I pledge to:
- "Honor the Game";
- Demonstrate respect to other players, coaches, and parents; officials; and spectators;
- Uphold the essential elements of the USL Youth Council "Code of Conduct", which are HONESTY and INTEGRITY;
- Demonstrate and Encourage good sportsmanship and the concepts of fair play;
- Demonstrate positive behavior and respect to teammates, opponents, officals, coaches, parents and spectators;
- Focus on fun and participation;
- Know and abide by the Rules of Lacrosse, the established guidelines, and all eligibility requirements;
- Understand that the safety and welfare of all concerned is the top priority;
- Support the drug, alcohol, and tobacco free environment that is important for all youth sporting events;
Further, I pledge NOT to:
- Ever use profanity at a youth event;
- Criticize coaches, players, or game officials;
- Touch an opposing player, coach, or game official in a threatening manner.
I agree to abide by and uphold the above stated "Code of Conduct" and understand that violating this Code either by commission or omission will be subject to penalties as stated in the in the "Code of Conduct" which has been provided to all chapters, coaches, and officials.
For the full version of the US Lacrosse Youth Council Code of Conduct, follow this hyperlink: http://www.uslacrosse.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=Q1-teVefd_4%3D&tabid=2883